We have recently added a bunch of way better people to our team, but we’re always looking for talented individuals.
Eat Better. Be Better. It’s a simple promise, but it’s what we’re all about. And it’s the heart of our company to create fantastic Sprouted products that are bursting with goodness. We unlock the powerful nutrients found in perfect, unprocessed ingredients through germination and provide snacks that give back.
We believe that the best way can be the simplest, and we always put our people before profits. If that sounds like your ideal workplace, submit your credentials and resume according to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Community Engagement/Designer Specialist
Way Better Snacks is a young brand that makes natural, better-for-you snacks such as tortilla chips, crackers and pita chips. The office is located in the North Loop in downtown Minneapolis. Join a fun, growing business in a thriving industry!
Lead our social media strategy and execution from content creation to results reporting. Develop other marketing materials and meet ad hoc design requests building on, and utilizing, existing core brand assets. Work collaboratively but independently in a fun, fast-paced environment.
We are looking for a candidate that has a “yes, and…” attitude, is team-focused and team-driven, and wants to wow our consumers, customers, and stakeholders through their talents and services.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
• Manage, leverage and grow our online social media engagement by implementing strategies and tactics that optimize our social media presence.
• Create and publish a steady stream of high quality conversations and visual content that creates brand affinity, empowers brand advocates and establishes/builds community across all digital platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
• Deliver messaging and creative concepts to the appropriate channels that reflect the brand voice and personality.
• Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of these communications and adapt strategies to ensure the most efficient use of resources.
• Identify and suggest non-scheduled content opportunities.
• Design on-brand marketing materials (e.g. new product sell sheets and other marketing collateral like t-shirts, posters, etc.).
• Develop cross-functional internal communication and reporting including presentations to sales, marketing and leadership.
• Thorough knowledge of social media best practices, benchmarks, trends, technologies, platforms and tracking tools.
• A clear understanding and passion for marketing with an emphasis on new/digital media
• Strong writing and design skills a must (be prepared to share portfolio samples)
• Expertise and experience using MacOS and software applications including Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and basic HTML coding
• High level of initiative, reliability, responsibility and accuracy with attention to detail
• Solid design skills with 1-2 years experience and a portfolio illustrates your experience in building, managing and optimizing social media campaigns
• Experience designing and writing for print, digital and web
• Background in social media content creation, deployment, maintenance and reporting
• Be proactive and self-motivated, work independently but maintain close communications with all stakeholders
• BFA/BA/BS/AA degree with a background in Graphic Design, English, Journalism, Communications and/or Marketing preferred
• Ability to work in a fast paced ever-changing environment with evolving activities while maintaining prioritization of daily tasks
• Keen interest in the natural/organic food industry preferred
• Proactive – Resourceful and shows initiative, with the desire to continuously improve skills and experience and to push new boundaries.
• Productive – Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
• Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
• Attention to detail – Exceptional eye for detail. Ensuring final projects and tasks are flawless by the time the customer sees it.
• High standards – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
• Attention to communication – The ability to ensure information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Strong client services and communication skills.
• Reliable – The team knows you will do what you commit to and what was asked of you.
• Attitude – The ability to stay positive, motivated and upbeat.
Working conditions: Work is performed during the day in an office environment and involves the extensive use of the telephone, computer and other office equipment. May require occasional evenings, weekends and/or travel to promote the brand at community events, social media conferences or trade shows.
We are an equal opportunity employer and treat all applications equally without regard to color, race, national origin, gender and disability.